Saturday, December 19, 2009

I have a very crooked head

Welcome to my blog about my newest addition to the fur family, my kitten with the crooked head.

Kitten was found while I was out walking my dogs two two nights ago. My St. Bernard started acting funny, and dove head first into a pile of snow by the side of the road, pulling out what I at first thought was a clump of dirty ice, but turned out to be a half frozen, half dead kitten.

She made it through her first night, and was mobile by morning. However that is when I noticed her issue. Her head is held on a tilt. She was also refusing to eat. I work for a vet clinic, and I was lucky enough to be able to bring her in and get her checked out.

Unfortunately Dr. S thinks that she might have Feline Leuk/Distemper. He also thinks that it could be neurological damage from her mother having Feleuk when she was younger. She got a shot of Convenia, and has been sent home with me for the next ten days. She'll either live and get better, or die shortly. I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment